Are you our new Functional Safety Manager for LiDAR
Do you believe in deep-learning, looking at life from a new perspective, setting course for the horizon and trust in your dreams? For us at Veoneer it’s all about trust! Trust in our employees, trust in collaboration, trust in the people and the world around us. We have faith in our possibilities. We fell for big ideas and we suppose it fell for us too.
In Stockholm, our focus is on our LiDAR and Vision development. Our responsibilities range from image processing, algorithms and software development to optics and functional safety.
Our purpose-driven and curious teams are creating trust in mobility through human-centric innovation. We are today the largest pure-player in Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD). We design and manufacture products and solutions for active safety, autonomous driving, occupant protection and brake control.
So why not step out of your comfort zone, challenge yourself, innovate, learn in your everyday work and trust in your dreams!
What you'll do?
You will, as Functional Safety Manager LiDAR, lead the safety work in our LiDAR product development projects and thus cooperate with most of the competencies in our projects. Furthermore, you will be our customer interface concerning Functional Safety. Placed in the LiDAR product line, at the heart of LIDAR development at Veoneer, the role adds a strategic aspect to the otherwise project-focused “classic” FSM role. If this interests you, read on.
As Functional Safety Manager you will plan, monitor and perform safety management activities according to relevant standards during all project phases (concept, product development and production). This includes conducting preliminary hazard analyses, accompanying DFMEA and FMEDA, as well as supervising qualitative and quantitative Fault Tree Analysis in collaboration with relevant players.
You will be involved in strategic initiatives related to Functional Safety, both in Veoneer’s global FuSa initiative as well as specific to the LiDAR product line. Your engagement will be mandatory in the safety evaluation during key components selection for our LiDAR products.
As Functional Safety Manager you collaborate with project managers, development team and customers on Functional Safety and cascade safety requirements to the systems, subsystems, and component levels in product portfolio. You conduct reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles.
You will support our project managers as well as technical managers during implementation of safety measures by contributing with safety plans and safety architectures to ensure compliance to ISO26262 and report the status of Functional Safety to management. Additionally, you will be responsible that our documentation is of high quality and that necessary activities has been carried out and contribute to Functional Safety Culture across Veoneer departments.
What you'll bring:
We are looking for a can-do mentality who is used to collaborate with others combined with an analytical mindset and structured way of working. To succeed in this role, we believe you have a master’s degree in Electrical, Systems Engineering or Computer Science or similar. You have at least five years of experience from working with relevant standards for safety, especially ISO26262, as well as knowledge of the latest automotive techniques. You have good technical knowledge in relevant areas such as system, hardware and software as well as an interest and insight in safety analysis methodologies and fault handling.
To fit the expectations of the role we think you have many of the following qualifications:
- Detailed knowledge and proven experience with ISO26262.
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills.
- Experience in Software Quality and processes.
- Experience with Functional Safety processes.
- Experience with Functional Safety analysis methods and tools.
- Knowledge of Requirements Management and System Architectural Design.
- The ability to communicate and present complex ideas to peers, management and customers.
- Functional Safety training for teams in different stages of development.
- Good risk management skills, weighting development effort against added value and safety against availability.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, motivating team into problem-solving.
- Working knowledge of tools such as codeBeamer (ALM), Enterprise Architect, PLM, Medini, IQ-RM and ITEM Toolkit.
- Experience working with Embedded Software.
- AUTOSAR knowledge is considered a strong plus
- Familiarity with common communication protocols (Ethernet, CAN, SPI, PCIe etc)
We furthermore believe that you have high integrity and wish to continue building our safety culture. One part of the role is also to initialize and perform training in relevant safety fields. As a person you like teamwork, you are convincing, result-oriented and able to build good and constructive relations within the team and with the customers.
You have excellent command of spoken and written English.
What we offer?
- An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields; Autonomous driving
- An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
- A culture that embodies respect, openness and courage
- A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
- A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
Veoneer appreciate the value that comes with diverse teams, and strive for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity
Are you ready to Create Trust in Mobility?
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting Date: According to Agreement
Contact Information: If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Jörg Ziegler, Hiring Manager, +46 701088033 or email@example.com
Are you our new Functional Safety Manager for LiDAR